Chief Product Officer
Level of Employment and Workplace:
Fulltime, located in Calgary, Alberta Canada with Travel
About Arcus Power Corp.:
Arcus Power Corp. and its subsidiaries have established a strong presence in the energy industry over the past three decades, fueled by the ongoing energy transition and the growing demand for energy intelligence. Our diverse customer base includes energy traders, banks, utilities, commercial and industrial power consumers, and renewable project planners and developers across North America.
We are seeking an experienced and passionate Chief Product Officer to lead our product development activities and drive the evolution of our products & features. As our company grows and expands its product offerings, we need a strong leader who can align our product strategy with customer needs and leverage power market data to deliver innovative solutions.
Our organization is committed to supporting your vision through effective cross-functional teams and providing competitive compensation, including a base salary, stock options, bonuses, and comprehensive employee benefits such as health and dental coverage, as well as ongoing training.
If you are passionate about product development, have demonstrated leadership and mentorship capabilities, and desire to have a positive impact through your work , we invite you to join our team and work alongside our partners and customers to drive innovation and make a positive impact.
We are a team of experienced data scientists, electrical engineers, software developers, and market analysts focused on delivering intelligent models that support the efficient consumption of energy resources. We are passionate about social entrepreneurship and immerse ourselves around smart people who are inspired to solve hard problems.
Arcus Power offers a supportive work environment that promotes autonomy, diversity, and innovation. Within our dynamic culture, every team member has an opinion that matters.
Reporting to the VP Sales & Marketing, you will manage sales efforts to support Arcus Power’s growth and revenue targets in your territory:
- Establish a comprehensive product planning practice within our organization, including market research, competitive analysis, and customer needs assessment.
- Lead the planning cycle of continuous revitalization for our mature products, ensuring that they stay relevant and competitive in the market.
- Drive feature discovery for our emerging products, working closely with cross-functional teams, and clients to identify opportunities for innovation and growth.
- Collaborate with the Marketing, Sales, Market Modelling/Operations and Delivery teams to create and validate product roadmaps that align with our business goals and customer needs.
- Identify gaps in our organizational capabilities and hire talent to fill those gaps, building a strong product development team that can execute on our vision.
- Overall management of DevOps & operations
- Responsible for the vision and execution of Arcus Products
You have an entrepreneurial spirit and progress in life through collaboration and listening to those around you. You possess the capability to revitalize an existing product and evolve it to enhance current product offerings. You are a creative thinker and have a unique ability to understand the needs and preferences of customers and translate them into innovative products and features that exceed expectation. As an inclusive leader, you are committed to promoting diversity, and thrive leading small teams in delivering products within a deadline-driven environment. You are an accomplished mentor and educator, with a track record of successfully developing new talent within your team. Finally, you’re committed to stay up to date on industry trends and best practices, evaluate build or buy decisions when developing new products, and consider factors such as cost and available resources.
- 7+ years of experience in product management or related roles
- Strong understanding of market research, product planning, and development processes
- Proven track record of successfully launching and growing innovative products.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Deep knowledge of power market data and related technologies
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant field
- Self-starter attitude with the ability to work in a dynamic environment
short-term and long-term performance that can include:
- Competitive base salary
- Bonus based on performance metrics
- Employee stock option pool
- Health and wellness benefits
- RRSP Plan